This private guided tour webpage gives you insight in the ways you can take advantage of my Amsterdam guiding specialities, experience, preferences and qualities. I invite you to enjoy it.
And plse have a look at our customized and safe private guided tour offer for small groups in this Corona crisis time..
Private guided tours Amsterdam: 5 specialties.
Five things that distinguish this local private guide Amsterdam: The Lexperience top-5
- French speaking (I speak 4 languages very well by the way.)
- Customization (f-Lex) Also for people with disabilities in a wheelchair. High-end.
- Amsterdam differently: off the beaten track & unusual guided tours. And: different guiding as well: out of the box style. (Check out the pictures and Lex and the City review of the businessclub AMS.
- Private programs above Amsterdam, such as a tulip bike tour, biking to Zaanse Schans and a Texel tour on wheels.
Private guide on French national television telling about the hidden gems of Amsterdam
Top-10 of Lex’ guiding services | Customized tours in Amsterdam and North Holland
- High end private city tours with small groups throughout Amsterdam (including the North); Off the beaten track tours.
- 4-language local private guide with extra attention to receptive tours in French; (Lex has guided in Paris; he even started there. He also has a French university tourism management degree; earned in Chambéry.)
- It’s in his name: he’s f-lex. He lives in the neighborhood, he is a local, and can be there if he has the time.
- First specialist in the field of guided walks in Amsterdam East: Amsterdam off the beaten track.
- Local guide with a lot of experience in the field of guiding on wheels. Meaning: bicycle, inline skate, scooter/footbike. (Walking tours as well.)
- Extensive knowledge about other parts of the Netherlands as well. Especially the area above Amsterdam: North Holland. tulips bulb fields, Texel island, Zaanse Schans…
- DJ and private guide during private boat tours in and around Amsterdam. (Yes, both; “in the mix”.)
- The press have rewarded him for his distinctive way of telling stories and inventing outings during Holland private tours.
- Guide Amsterdam Light Festival and with private tours during SAIL 2025.
- Consiously looking for the hidden gems with your group and/or friends / family. (Without forgetting the highlights of our capital.)
We are Lexy and we know it. ;)
Call or E-mail the private tour guide for an Amsterdam Lexperience:
+31655337726 | firstname.lastname@example.org
(For the Lex and the City rate or the reward, surf a bit further down.)
Rate for local guided tours in surprising Amsterdam.
1. Private tours Amsterdam during the Corona crisis.
EUR 100,- for 1 or 2 persons | safe, distance 1,5m | 2 -3 hours | Focus on Dutch people, on expats living in the Netherlands, on Germans, Belgians.
After the corona crisis:
2. Private guide only for third parties in the tourism industry.
These are the rates for local guiding only and is typically applicable for third parties in tourism, leisure and MICE, like DMC’s, tour operators and event companies.
And: be aware agencies have to pay the new tourist tax in Amsterdam since the 1st of January 2020, called VMR, themselves. (EUR 1,50 per participant.)
- Local tour guide Lex and the City charges EUR 65,- per hour, excluding 21% VAT. With a minimum of 2 hours.
- Half a day: EUR 175,- ex. VAT;
- Full (normal) day: EUR 285,- ex..
(Costs like meals and drinks are to be paid by the client.)
Reductions apply for a series of groups, whole days, from the heart activities , special preferences (like guiding at the European Championship 2020, special french groups, etc.), and off season guiding.
3. Creator and molder of the “Lexperience“ and private guide.
These are the rates for guiding, creating and molding the customized private tour / outing in Amsterdam and is typically applicable for end users like families, couples, companies, concierges of hotels, bachelor parties and other small groups.
- EUR 195,- per whole guided tour. (1,5 to 3 hours)
- 1 hour unusual hotel tours in Amsterdam (central) East: EUR 111,-.
- Daytrip in & around AMS: EUR 320,-.
All rates include 21% VAT. Excluding rentals. Including the new entertainment local city tax.
- Tulip day biketour North Holland 2021: EUR 395,-; including 21% VAT. (Texel group trip as well)
Private guided bike tours in North Holland; above AMS | Top-3
New page about the private tulip tour by bike above Amsterdam; one hour by train from the capital. North-Holland North.
This is the unknown, unusual, largest (!) and surprising bulb & flower area of the Netherlands above Amsterdam.
It is cheaper and more relaxed.
Or a private guided bike tour to the Zaanse Schans. Enrich your Lexperience by enjoying the area between Amsterdam and the Zaanse Schans by bike.
3rd private bike tour option above Amsterdam: daytrip Texel island, starting by car, minivan or train in Amsterdam.
Lex and the City: the local who goes left where others go right.
Private sporty guide Amsterdam during international events. (Like SAIL 2025)
SAIL Amsterdam 2025 is a great opportunity to enjoy a private tour with Lex and the City. We have been specialized in sailing, are actually focused on the area where SAIL Amsterdam takes place and we can guide you on the boat, bike, during a walking tour, on the scooter and even on inline skates.
Another Amsterdam Lexperience: private tours for groups and individuals on foot, by boat or on wheels.
Local guide Amsterdam for third parties like DMC’s, tour operators, agencies and hotels.
I would like to guide even more tours in Amsterdam in the upcoming months. :) For example, group tours in French. Because of my history as a private guide, tourism student and guide in France, the French-speaking market is my language specialization here in Amsterdam.
Except for individuals and groups I have indirect customers. That can also be a Dutch company that has foreign colleagues coming over. Or an event agency. Of course also a DMC. Maybe a bicycle tour provider. Or a tour for the guests of a hotel. Guides for a tour operator. A colleague guide can also look for an enthusiastic guide because his or her group is too large for themselves.
In addition to tourist groups, I also like company outings, staff outings or a tour for a school or university. (And I have a lot of private tour guide experience in the city. ) The role of tour manager suits me too.
In the following paragraphs you will read about my motivation and passion, 25 years of experience in Amsterdam and Paris and the international tourism courses that I have completed and completed in France, England and the Netherlands.
Experience as a sporty tourist guide in Amsterdam | International training in tourism | 4 languages | International tour guiding
In addition to English,I speak French, german and dutch.
I have my international tourism management diplomas in both the Netherlands (NHTV Breda) and then also in England and France . (DESS Tourisme Bac + 5, at the Université de Savoie in Chambéry.)
Experience? Yes, Lexperience in my case.
For the past 25 years, I have regularly been both a local private tour guide and (often sporty) international guide.
“Lexperiences” ahead as a tourist guide and tour leader in Cahors, Canet Plage, Mimizan, Nice, Saint-Jean de Luz and Paris.
I have accompanied hundreds of guided tours in Paris and in Amsterdam. (Lex has been living in both towns.)
I have been guiding in Amsterdam since 2005. International Tour groups.
In Paris I have guided and tell stories on the street since 1998. On skate, bike and walking. In the city of lights I have hired boats on the river Seine for mainly company events & teambuilding outings. For French local tourism companies, Lexposure, the online marketing part of Lex and the City, also has 2 (online) storyteller services: SEO copywriting and social media creation in Dutch.
French speaking private guide who started in Paris with guiding and now provides local private tours in Amsterdam. | Main specialty
Review of a French family + photo with a smile; February 2019
This photo on Rembrandtplein was taken during a private guided tour in French by Lex. He is 2nd from the left in the photo. Otherwise, click on the photo to see who is on Rembrandt’s head. ;)
This French family from Limoges sent Lex the photo by MMS afterwards. Accompanied by the short review below of the guided tour that started at their 5* Pestana Hotel in the Pijp and ended at the Waag on the Nieuwmarkt. (As well a place where Rembrandt played a role in history.)
Now for the review text that was attached to the picture MMS : Avec nos remerciements pour cette agréable visite. Bonne journée. Famille Mxxxx.
Finally: private guide Amsterdam Lex was asked for this tour by Amsterdam Odyssey, specialist in tailor-made high end tours in Amsterdam and partner of various five-star hotels .
Amsterdam East: my no. 1 area specialty as organiser of city tours | Great starting point for private boat tours as well by the way
My 2nd specialty, if you like my 2nd USP, in addition to the French language, are private guided tours in East Amsterdam. Lex van Buuren is a local; he lives in Amsterdam East.
Google also knows that, because Lex and the City is very easy to find concerning search terms with “Amsterdam East” included.
Go for the 1 hour private walk (or bike tour) in Amsterdam East, intended for the busy business traveler who has limited time.The tailor made tour starts from your hotel.
East Amsterdam is a typical part of Amsterdam for a hidden gem tour for private groups. Lex and the City, organiser of city tours, has been located here for a long time already.
The storyteller of Amsterdam-East is telling stories on the web as well; as a blogger and for local companies being their online content marketer.
Starting in East Amsterdam is great for a private boat city tour as well. We have nice route of 2 hours passing by a lot of highlights with your group. (Or we make one tailor made)
I think the new terrace at Kop van Oost is very cool for the start of private boat trip. (Next to our only city windmill; Molen de Gooyer.)
We have been sitting there lately with a group of Internations expats for which I have organized a tour as well. (Chk the picture; me on the right.)
In the case of a small boat outing, think about my DJ Lextase role for lounge music on board, acting as a private local guide at the same time as well on the private saloon boat.
The 3rd Unique Selling Point as a private tour guide in Amsterdam: footbiking / scooter tours | activity specialty
The big child with the international tourism management diploma and great love for moving in the city is fond about footbiking.
And this private tour guide has now shared that passion with many people on the street in Amsterdam. (Even with known ones.).
It first very well within the Lex and the City company mission.
The 4th USP: Private tour guide Amsterdam and mobile 80’s and early 90’s “in the mix” | During boat tours
During a company event on a private boat in and around Amsterdam I have discovered the need for a combination of a DJ with lounge music before and during dinner and dance music music after. While telling small entertaining stories about Amsterdam in-between.
Read more about this “in the mix role” (guide + DJ on the water) on the Lex and the City Guided private boat Amsterdam page.
Private bike tours top-5: the 5th Amsterdam Lexperience for groups
Bike tours for private groups.
- Hidden gems private bike tour (East Amsterdam, the North…)
- Alle you can bike Amsterdam tour: 32 km and just in the city! :D
- Tulip biketour above Amsterdam en Texel private trip
- Other countryside bike daytrips, like Waterland-East, to Zandvoort beach and along river Amstel
Lex and the City Private bikeguides speaking French, German, English and/or Dutch
To our private bike tour guide page.
USP L-a-t-C bonus track: private skating instructor Amsterdam
(The 6th USP for outings in Mokum is, by the way, is a Private inline skating lesson in Amsterdam . It does not fit completely within the format of this page, so we count it halfway.
Together 5,5 specialties in the field of guides and tours in Amsterdam. )
Lex and the City with free publicity in many media with offbeat private guided tours in Amsterdam and other parts of Holland.
Whether it is because of our name … or because Lex and the City do fun things in Amsterdam …
Even some lines in the Sunday Times.
That was especially the case for the offbeat Amsterdam scooter tours. (The Lex and the City private footbike tours still take place by the way; also in French yes.)
Lex and the City is tourism professional in other parts of the Netherlands as well: on our Eleven Cities inline skatetour The Washington Post published an A3-article.
March 2019 we’ve had a large article (3 pages) about the private tour of Lex and the City in the Indische Buurt | East Amsterdam in a well-known magazine that is distributed throughout Amsterdam.
Sign up for the Lex and the City Facebook page for updates.
Company event on the water | Example of a private guided boat tour in Amsterdam with Lex and the City | For 65 persons; 3 boats
Press on the picture for a review of the guided company event on the canals and the rivers IJ and Amstel for EY.
Volunteer during heritage day | Open Monuments weekend Amsterdam
A great way of Lexpanding my knowledge and network regarding the unknown Amsterdam, is being volunteer during the heritage days. (Open Monuments weekend) It takes place once a year.
- Amsterdam School heritage “De Dageraad”, de Pijp. From there we (my collegue Bob Maas and me) have guided bike & footbike tours for kids and their parents in the area. (Including the Diamond quarter)
- Lloyd history tours in the Eastern Docklands (2 years)
- Local guide at Windmill “De Otter” (check the picture here, Sep2020)
As a result of these volunteer I was offered the opoortunity by the organization to participate in the following enriching heritage activities:
- A lecture on the history of brewing beer in Amsterdam. It took place in the former church “De Duif”, Prinsengracht.
- Another lecture, a year later at the same spot on the canal, on excavations in the town center;
- Guided tour with colleagues in the former “Scheepvaarthuis”. (The current Amrath Hotel)
- Lecture about the history of sports in Amsterdam. In the great venue “Vondelkerk”.
- reconnaissance of the Food center. (with the maire)
Contact with local private tour company Lex and the City: online and offline (tea time?)
I’d love to discuss the outing and the route over a cup of tea with you in your office or in a public place.
I gladly offer that to you als an extra, in my case Lextra, service.
We can also discuss outings with more private guides; I have a good network of AMS local private guides. These city guides also have a good experience and will make it an interesting time during your private walking tour, guided boat trip, private guided bike tour Amsterdam or footbike tour in “Mokum”. (= nickname of AMS)
+31655337726 | email@example.com
A “Lexample” of a Off the beaten track walking tour in Amsterdam
Instagram microblogging about offbeat moments during out of the box style local private guiding in Amsterdam
Temporary hidden gems in Amsterdam are cool as well to visit. (Like “(L)extraordinary” boats in the harbour.)
Local Tour guide Lex and the City in French with offbeat walks, boat tours, inline skating adventures, scooter tracks and private bike tours in Amsterdam.