We have set ourselves the goal of promoting the unusual Amsterdam; special things to do, including checking out the new Amsterdam.
In our communication online, as here and certainly also as local guides and organizer of so-called unexpected Lexperiences.
Off the beaten track in Amsterdam city: to emerging neighborhoods on differentiating means. And looking for hidden gems.
We also use uncommon and active means to explore the city. Such as the footbike (scooter) and inline skates. (We also go touring by bike with groups; in combination with unusual corners of the Dutch capital.)
Unknown makes unloved and that is why we promote the other Amsterdam”. So unusual Amsterdam tours with hidden gems and a different way of getting around the city.
Top 10 of unusual Amsterdam tours (At least ours)
Top-10 lists with the highlights of Amsterdam can be found in many places. Now an alternative top 10 follows: that of the atypical Amsterdam:⇓
- The Eastern Docklands; a surprising area, where the water is always nearby.
- Footbiking, also for corporate groups.
- The Marine terrain, core of our new (2022) sustainable bike tour.
- The course tour. A private and active city experience with stops to communicate an item of your workshop.
- De Indische Buurt (Indian neighborhood) Amsterdam East in general in fact is a Lex and the City unusual specialty since 5-6 years.
- The NDSM-wharf, hip and happening and accessible wit a free ferry. It is in Amsterdam North and this the place where we guide pretty much since about 3 years.
- Inline skating in the city (including mini workshops) It is the root of what we are now. This how we have started “differently” in August 1998. Get yourself inspired on our Youtube channel @unusualamsterdam.
- Western Islands; one big hidden gem of the 17th century! (Behind the modern flats of Westerdok)
- A guided football tour in Betondorp and Park de Meer, Amsterdam East (including Johan Cruijff items)
- One hour tours for busy business travelers, for example a small bike tour on that attractive Jetty Island (on the archipelago IJburg, East Amsterdam.)
An additional unusual Amsterdam experience in the heat of the summer of 22: bike & swim
An example of a Lex and the City cycling route in the unusual Amsterdam (one way). Along non-touristy places. ⇓
That different Amsterdam by bike with Lex and the City, starting in the Indian quarter and via the trendy Czaar Peterstraat, the Eastern Docklands, and (view of) the Marine terrain and then towards North.
There we explore the Overhoeks district together with the Adam tower and the EYE film museum, then two different types of garden villages in Amsterdam-North, then the triggering sustainability projects of Buiksloterham and finally the still quite rough NDSM Wharf. Then take the ferry to the Pontsteiger. Cool one way bicycle track of almost 20 km.
Ask your local Amsterdam tour guide.
Hidden gem in that other Amsterdam: Western Islands
View this post on Instagram
“if you focus on the known, you get the known. If you focus on the unknown, you create a possibility.”
― dr. Joe Dispenza