We have created an active tour in Amsterdam with the theme sustainability. Moreover: Lex and the City has been integrating that hot (and necessary) topic more and more into the (L)existing, current active & conscious, green tours. Beneath our 28 durable topics in Amsterdam, you will find our 1st track and green tour.
For us the areas in the capital to check for attractive, appealing sustainable hidden gems, are the East and the North of Amsterdam. That process starts with customers asking us for tailor-made eco tours.
Amsterdam is considered as an eco-friendly town with a leading role.
28 green & conscious, locations popping up in our mind for being part of sustainable & unusual tours in Amsterdam:
- Eco-friendly living community on the water Schoonschip (Check the 1st Instagram post beneath ⇓)
- De Kas
- Valley at South-Axis (Zuid-As): Extraordinary building AND producing more energy than it consumes. (It has opened on November 17th, 2021.
QO HotelRuby Emma Hotel with it’s rooftop garden with a high-tech greenhouse.
- Jakarta Hotel (zero emission, we mean energy neutral.) More about this energy neutral hotel in this eco article in the Independant.
- Biotoop Mediamatic Dijkspark
- De Ceuvel, this hotspot for sustainability in Amsterdam North is one of the hidden treasures in another “28x blogpost”.
- Noorderlicht (NDSM)
- What happens concerning durability on The Marine Establishment (a lot! :) ) Like Rainroof 2.0, Roboat and Space for food. The AMS institute plays a central role in sustainability on the Marine-terrein.
- VanMoof bikes (Your tour-guide has tried one of their world-widely sold E-bikes.)
- What is about to happen in Bajes Kwartier (Amsterdam East) Now building a 100% energy neutral quarter out of the remains of a former (famous) prison. Including green roofs.
- Haak-In, with a heart for turning plastic garbage into new destinations.
- Science Park
- The zero emission hotel on IJburg:
Breeze Hotel. Four Elements Hotel. (An example of a so-called eco hotel)
- Friday Night Skate Amsterdam (Of which your out of the box guide is volunteer of since 1998.)
- The former 2 gas stations amidst Noorderpark. (recycling)
- “HAUT”. Chk Instagram post ⇓ Eco-friendly wooden tower in trendy Amstelkwartier.
- Impact Hub
- The green city parks, like Noorderpark and Oosterpark.
- Czaar Peterstraat: Instock (fight food-waste) Is this the recycle main street of Amsterdam?
- Het Faire Oosten
- The worm hotel, for example on the Barcelona square, initiated by Rudy Klaassen. Residents save GFT and share it with the worms. The products compost and worm tea are used again by the residents to green the neighborhood.
- The Oyster Mushrooms project, initiated from a place in the Eastern Docklands.
- Neighborhood garden Oost-Indisch Groen
- The sustainable houseboat in the Levant neighborhood port on KNSM Island, Eastern Docklands
- RE-Bell; clothes from recycled material. Handmade. In Czaar Peterstraat
- City agriculture project “Noordoogst”. (Agricultural Cooperative)
- The neighborhood energy monitor project in the Eastern Docklands: How much is being used AND how much is being generated by the locals? By Resourcefully. (Chk the picture beneath as well with eco-friendly owner Hugo Niesing.)
First bike track for a Lex and the City eco friendly group-tour: 10K
Green tour built around the Marine-terrein, and including parts of the Eastern Docklands and trendy Czaar Peterstraat.
Biking, footbiking and inline skating in the city is durable as well.
We are acting sustainable as well, by offering active tours, consciously using muscles; experiences (Lexperiences), in the city by bike, on inline skates, by footbike (scooter) and walking tours. And in times of less demand for tour experiences, like during the 1st part of the Corona Crisis, we turn into a green, sporty courier on wheels in the city.
Call Lex at +31 6 55 33 77 26 for a sustainable customized bike tour, or carry on reading what Lex and the City is about.
The green bike tour needs to be reserved a few weeks in advance, as I need to prepare well.
Amsterdam has been voted number 2 city in the world by Time Out magazine, partly because of it’s sustainability and it’s green character.
Or I refer you to the Lex and the City landing tour page private guide Amsterdam
View this post on Instagram
Dit bericht op Instagram bekijken