Amsterdam-North: both hip and scenic | Mills | Twiske recreational area | Historic houses | Nature | Private | High end | Refreshing | Zaanse Schans: wooden shoes, cheese and (many) windmills.
A bike tour to Zaanse Schans, the number 1 day trip destination in the Netherlands. With your local private guide it is an offbeat excursion Amsterdam with a combination of attractive items.
two different kind of cycle tours to Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam: 1/2 day bike trip and full day excursion ⇓
- New! Small active tour around and into the Zaanse Schans by bike: 11,5 km map
- Do you want a guided scenic (and quiet!) one way to Zaanse Schans by bike of 22 km including a visit to Zaanse Schans? (4,5 hours, 1/2 day trip) and having a private bus to bring back the rental bikes? (You’d go back by taxi or public transport.) Focus on arrival upon lunchtime. You’d have the time to discover Zaanse Schaans on your own in the afternoon. (And a walking introduction 1st of Zaanse-Schans by your bike tour leader.)
- Or do you want a return bike trip with 2 different cool cycle tracks and including a visit of Zaanse Schans? (45 km of biking, sporty day excursion)
We arrange good dutch tour bikes, as well as the local Amsterdam based guide, the Lex and the City organization, transportation of bikes and creation of the excursion. Pricing
Biking privately to Zaanse Schans; the number 1 daytrip destination of the Netherlands, with your private group.
The Zaanse Schans is one of the major tourist attractions of the Netherlands. Historic mills and green wooden houses were relocated here to recreate the look of an 18th/19th-century village. If still needed, first read more about the Zaanse Schans on their website. It’ll bring you into a ancient world of wooden shoes (clogs), cheese farms, cows and flowers, however it represents our rich history, specifically our industrial heritage of the 17th, 18th and 19th century. At the same time…it is virtually always busy on the Zaanse Schans.
However not on the scenic route TO Netherlands’ no.1 daytrip! Our role is to show you the scenic bike route from Amsterdam to Zaanse Schans, come up with appealing stories about it during the offbeat excursion Amsterdam, and be your guide at the Zaanse Schans as well.
1/2 day trip to the Zaanse Schans (or full day tour), riding a bike, footbike or by inline skates (or a combination). Get a bit into the everyday lives of people from the Netherlands, as this is not a standard touristic trail. (Try find other suppliers doing it; OKOK probably one other. ;))
Bike ride out, being a nice combination with the Amsterdam highlights and hidden gems and, in spring, with the tulips in North-Holland; the world’s single biggest flower bulb field.
Guided Bike Tour TO Zaanse schans FROM Amsterdam: including your private guide upon arrival. “Lexcursion”
An offbeat excursion from Amsterdam to Zaanse Schans: starting from the bike rental, heading for the small ferry to the North, discovering the Northern part of Amsterdam (with a great mill), showing you the green area with appealing bike paths, “t Twiske”.
Guided bicycle tour. Or by footbike (scooter) One way is appr. 23,5 km. With time for swimming, good food, connecting and tanning. It is also a great way to be in less touristic surroundings, before arriving at the very popular Zaanse Schans. The bike lanes are almost…Zen. ;) Even at Zaanse Schans we ride our bikes partly; along all those cute windmills!
For the tour planners out there: calculate 4 hours of biking to Zaanse Schans and spotting.
Target groups of this unLexpected countryside excursion Amsterdam⇓
Off the beaten track tour along tree-lined bike paths for families (Children adore it.), business and even VIP groups, eager to get to know famous spots in the neighborhood of Amsterdam. With a curious eye.
Possibly part of an incentive trip. Or company outing. The beautiful scenery North of A’dam and visiting the mills could be a inspiring addition to your Netherlands’ business trip.
Lex and the City private tours above Amsterdam: tailor made, safe & cool, offbeat and for the curious eye.
Your out of the box Amsterdam-and-above tour leader speaks 4 languages: French, English, German and of course Dutch as well.
Lex van Buuren is local tour guide himself and has people around him who embrace the same leX-factor culture.
Looking for the highlights above Amsterdam. With a curious eye.
Eye for individuality and conditions.
We could rent bikes for you.
Great offbeat excursion amsterdam solution as well for DMC’s, group planners and incentive houses.
Highlights of the private bike tour to- and- around the Zaanse Schans: what during this offbeat excursion Amsterdam.⇓
- Cycling, foot-biking and / or skating through a scenic landscape, near Amsterdam.
- hip and happening Amsterdam North with the Amsterdam Lookout, Eye Filmmuseum, a garden village…
- Then: the scenic, historic part of Amsterdam – North: Buiksloterdijk. (big picture below with the historic houses.)
- Nature area ‘t Twiske: with a great mill. (Still working in 2022!)
- The millionaires ride in beautiful Oostzaan
- The relaxing park Jagersveld
- Haaldersbroek; scenic tiny little village in “Zaan-style”, right before arrival on the Zaanse Schans.
- (additional) Zaandijk: where the rich of the windmill age have lived.
- (additional) Engewormer; street/place with great colorful tiny houses from the Zaan.
- The Zaanse Schans itself, an image of the dutch industry long time ago, including loads of mills.
- Additional and new: a lunch stop at the eco-friendly Zaanse Tuin. A ZEN and hidden eco-garden, just 250 meters from busy Zaanse Schans.
- The biking tour back (in case you have chosen it.) is different from the first part; it is the old indusrial route
- Passing by Zaandam
- NDSM wharf
- The ferry back back from NDSM is an Amsterdam sightseeing within it self. (The writer of this page still enjoys after sailing it loads of times. )
- (Or:) over The mill in Amsterdam North: Krijtmolen d’Admiraal (Here above on the picture with guide Sven.)
Scenic Landsmeer track with beautiful houses on Kistenmakerseiland. (A true hidden gem; even loads oft dutch do not know it.)
Cycle route Amsterdam – Zaanse Schans. | One way: appr. 24 km | Including around Zaanse Schans: 30,5 km
The bike track does not show the ferry back from NDSM to Central Station. (An interesting sightseeing tour by the way, including the Westerdok area and great view over AMS Central Station.)
It is not necessary to make it a daytrip, what counts is the time you need to go there. Google maps says it is 17 km, however that is not the scenic version. The touristic one is 24 km. We recommend adding going around Zaanse Schans, which will show you additional en authentic “Zaans life” from the early days. (+6,5 km)
If your hotel is based in town itself, 3 hours would be more work than fun, in the case of a company outing. I’d say hardly impossible, taking into account not everyone will be a trained cyclist.
Moreover we ask our customers to create the time-space needed to fully enjoy the trip; including enjoying un(L)expected, surprising moments. :)
And for yourself you should count the time being there, for example 2 hours.
Think about a rather quick way back by bike: 19,8 km.
Over the hip and happening NDSM wharf, and on the best bike lines. (Public transport is a bit boring and NDSM is one big hidden gem of Amsterdam. Google it and enjoy “Kraanspoor” for example.
If you have a rather young (at heart) crew, I’d say go 4 it and leave the bus to others. ;)
(We have also discovered the part above Zaanse Schans, and that is great as well by the way. For the record.)
Biking route Amsterdam – Zaanse Schans. Including the historic dike in Amsterdam North, and also Zaandam | One way: appr. 27 km
- The historic Waterlandse Zeedijk
- The windmill of Twiske
- Zaandam with its great coloured wooden houses
- Rare view on Zaanse Schans. (As hardly any tourist see it.)
- Enge Wormer, with its great houses
- Passing by the windmills of Zaanse Schans by bike. (And it is quiet here as well!)
Having lunch, privately & in peace next to Zaanse Schans. Nutritious lunching right after the tour from Amsterdam.
What about lunch in between the bike tour and your visit to Zaanse Schans?
Having a private lunch at the eco-friendly & new Zaanse Tuin. A ZEN eco-garden, just a 10 minutes walks from the Zaanse-Schans. Including coffee, soup, bread with dutch cheese, eggs from the local chickens ;) , dutch cookie, eco-toilet and peace for the mind… ;). Pricing
A Facebook impression of this additional part of the So-Holland-bike-Lexcursion.
Proposed time schedule for 1/2 guided bike excursion to Zaanse Schans ⇓
– 9:30AM: Meet up at bike store for handing out the bikes (Without further notice it will all be normal tour bikes.)
– 12:30 AM: On the Zaanse Schans we have arranged a welcome from a local guide who lives there. We can stall the bikes overthere for the bus to pick them up. And we offer you a sandwich and something to drink on the innersquare in front of her house. This place is quiet and still right above the windmills and the mill museum.
– 1PM: possibly a (free) visit to the cheese factory with your tour guide.
– 1:45PM –>: spare time in Zaanse Schans and return to Amsterdam by yourself either by train, bus or taxi.
– 9:30AM: Meet up at bike store for handing out the bikes
– 12:30AM: arrival at Zaanse Tuin for lunch (Right above Zaanse Schans)
– 12:45 AM: Bringing bikes to the bike-van on the (quiet) edge of Zaanse Schans.
– 2PM: short introduction of Zaanse Schans
– 2:30PM: possibly a visit to the cheese factory
– 3PM –>: spare time
The Zaanse Schans biking trip for private groups: pricing 2022 ⇓
- Tour guide, & maker & molder, organizer the to-Zaanse-Schans-bike-tour; max. 10 persons per tour guide:
- In case of 1/2 day trip (4,5 hours): € 285,- for the creation, organisation and bike guiding.
- In case of a sporty day excursion: € 365,-.
- Including “stroopwafels” (delicious dutch specialty.) and something to drink and eat on thee way and upon arrival.
- Renting the (solid) bikes in Amsterdam: € 14,50 per bike. (An electric bike is an option as well; € 32,50.)
- Excluding other expenses. (Like coffee.)
- The 2 ferries are free of charge; even by bike.
- The Zaanse Schans by the way, charges no entrance fee.
- If you want to go cycling one way, meaning the 1/2 day trip ⇑, we will rent a bike-van for picking up the bicycles at the Zaanse Schans. € 85,00 for bringing back max. 10 bikes to Amsterdam per van. (transport for 14 bikes? 2*€ 85,00.)
- Lunch. € 15,00 per person. Information about this private eco-lunch.
- General conditions of Lex and the City tours. (Plse agree if you’d look to reserve this NL bike trip)
Contact about private tour The Zaanse Schans by bike or skate, starting from Amsterdam, for small groups .
+31655337726 | [email protected]
Below you see more pictures of “The Zaanse Schans privately by bike, footbike or skate”.
Contact form for the Zaanse Schans private excursion from AMS.
Are you a hotel Meetings & Incentives manager or concierge?
(Wir könnten uns auch unterhalten auf Deutsch.)
Take your time to enjoy the guided bike tour AND de Zaanse Schans.
If you choose for a countryside tour like Zaanse Schans, Lex and the City advices not to set 2 goals for the day.
Or alternatively choose for a city bike tour in the morning and give yourself spare time in the afternoon.
Zaanse Schaans is even a “countryside tour +” as there is the visit itself as well. (There is pretty much to see and do.)
Local bike tour around Zaans Schans of 10K
If you(r customer) prefers a smaller, local cycle tour around the Zaanse Schans, Lex and the City can get you in contact with a local Zaanse Schans guide.
Travel program with tulip bicycle guide in the north of North-Holland, to the largest flower bulb field in the world.
Press this wonderful recommendation from Pennings from Breezand for the private tulip tours of Lex and the City. (By the way, he has used our Amsterdam Holland bike – mill postcard for this purpose. )
More pictures of the Zaanse Schans guided bike tour | Lexperience Lexposure
Maker and owner of the photos, made during our private tours: Lex and the City bike trips.
Our partners in tourism are invited to use them for their own promotion. :)
“This morning I have been footbiking to Zaanse Schans in the early morning. On my bucketlist was still to bike on my own at Zaanse Schans without seeing or meeting anyone. It turned out the way I had fancied it.”
Lex, 7th of June, 2020.
Dit bericht bekijken op Instagram
Where you looking for another countryside biking tour above Amsterdam?
This offbeat countryside excursion is part of Lex and the City tours above Amsterdam: other countryside bike excursions above Amsterdam
Free publicity for our offbeat tours and excursions: “Lexposure“
Page is in dutch; however you’d get an impression, as it includes articles in English in the Washington Post, National Geographic Traveler, the Sunday Times Magazine and the Guardian. –> publiciteit – pers Lex and the City
And a video comment from an Argentian man, living Barcelona, about another offbeat trip of us in the past.