AMS-North: both hip and scenic | Mills | Twiske recreational area | Historic houses | nature | Private | High end | refreshing | Zaanse Schans: wooden shoes, cheese and (many) windmills.
To the Zaanse Schans by bike with your private group | Ask the Lex and the City Amsterdam guide to lead you the way.
The Zaanse Schans is one of the major tourist attractions of the Netherlands. Historic mills and green wooden houses were relocated here to recreate the look of an 18th/19th-century village. If still needed, first read more about the Zaanse Schans on their website. It’ll bring you into a stereotype ancient world of wooden shoes (clogs), cheese farms, cows and flowers, however it represents our history.
Our role is to show you the scenic bike route from Amsterdam to Zaanse Schans, come up with appealing stories about it during the private tour, and be your guide at the Zaanse Schans as well.
Day trip to the Zaanse Schans, riding a bike, footbike or by inline skates (or a combination). Get a bit into the everyday lives of people from the Netherlands, as this is not a standard touristic trail. (Try find other suppliers doing it; OKOK probably one other. ;))
Bike ride out, being a nice combination with the Amsterdam highlights and hidden gems and, in spring, with the tulips in North-Holland; the world’s single biggest flower bulb field.
Biking to Zaanse schans guided tour | Day trip above Amsterdam: including your private guide upon arrival.
A bike ride to Zaanse Schans: starting from your hotel (?), heading for the small ferry to the North, discovering the Northern part of Amsterdam (with a great mill), showing you the green area with appealing bike paths, “‘t Twiske”.
By bike skating or by footbike (scooter) One way is appr. 22 km. With time for swimming, good food, connecting and tanning. It is also a great way to be in less touristic surroundings, before arriving at the Zaanse Schans. The bike lanes are almost…Zen. ;) For the tour planners out there: calculate 4 hours of biking to Zaanse Schans and spotting.
Tour along tree-lined bike paths for families (Children adore it.), business and even VIP groups, eager to get to know famous spots in the neighbourhood of Amsterdam. With a curious eye.
Possibly part of an incentive trip. Or company outing. The beautiful scenery North of A’dam and visiting the mills could be a inspiring addition to your NL business trip.
Private tours above Amsterdam: tailor made, safe & cool, unusual and for the curious eye.
Your out of the box Amsterdam-and-above tour leader speaks 4 languages: French, English, German and of course Dutch as well.
Lex van Buuren is local tour guide himself and has people around him who embrace the same leX-factor culture.
Looking for the highlights above Amsterdam. With a curious eye.
Eye for individuality and conditions.
We could rent bikes for you.
Great solution as well for DMC’s, group planners and incentive houses.
Private bike tour from AMS to the Zaanse Schans: what to do and what to see
- hip and happenming Amsterdam North with the Amsterdam Lookout, Eye Filmmuseum,
- Then: the scenic, historic part of Amsterdam – North: Buiksloterdijk. (big picture below with the historic houses.)
- The mill in Amsterdam North: Krijtmolen d’Admiraal (Here on the right.)
- Possible tasting some dutch delicious stuff in Ilpendam
- Scenic Landsmeer track with beautiful houses
- The Zaanse Schans itself, including “Zaans museum” and loads of mills.
- The bike tour back is different from the first part.
- Checking out special housing in Oostzaan.
- NDSM wharf is one of the items in Amsterdam now. Also part of this Lexcursion.
- The ferry back is an Amsterdam sightseeing within it self. (The writer of this page still enjoys after sailing it loads of times. )
- Cycling, footbiking and / or skating through a scenic landscape, very near Amsterdam.
Cycle route Amsterdam – Zaanse Schans (and possible back.) | One way: appr. 22 km
The bike track does not show the ferry back from NDSM to Central Station. (An interesting sightseeing tour by the way, including the Westerdok area and great view over AMS Central Station.)
It is not necessary to make it a daytrip, what counts is the time you need to go there. Google maps says it is 17 km, however that is not the scenic version.The touristic one is 22 km.
If your hotel is based in town itself, 3 hours would be more work than fun, in the case of a company outing. I’d say hardly impossible, taking into account not everyone will be a trained cyclist.
Moreover we ask our customers to create the timespace needed to fully enjoy the trip; including enjoying unexpected, surprising moments. :)
And for yourself you should count the time being there, for example 2 hours.
Think about a rather quick way back by bike: 19,8 km.
Over the hip and happening NDSM wharf, and on the best bike lines.(Public transport is a bit boring and NDSM is one big hidden gem of Amsterdam..Google it and enjoy “Kraanspoor” for example.
If you have a rather young (at heart) crew, I’d say go 4 it and leave the bus to others. ;)
(We have also discovered the part above Zaanse Schans, and that is great as well by the way. For the record.)
The Zaanse Schans full day trip for private groups: pricing
- Tour guide, & maker & molder, organizer the Zaanse Schans bike tour: EUR 320,- Including 21% VAT. Max. 10 persons per guide.
- Renting the (great ;)) bikes in Amsterdam: EUR 13,50 per bike, incl. 21% VAT. (An electric bike is an option as well; EUR 32,50.)
- Including “stroopwafels”. (Lexcuse me?)
- Excluding other expenses. (Like coffee.)
- The 2 ferries are free of charge; even by bike.
- The Zaanse Schans by the way, charges no entrance fee.
- If you want to go cycling one way, we will rent a bike-van for picking up the bikes at the Zaanse Schans. In that case we will send you an additional quotation. (Expect around EUR 50,- incl. VAT in case we bring back bikes you have rented with us. (Our current supplier has just stopped doing it, so we need a new bike van supplier.)
For incentive houses, DMC’s and group-planners: You get an invoice without VAT, asking you to pay VAT in your own country.
Contact about private tour The Zaanse Schans by bike, starting from Amsterdam, for small groups
+31655337726 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Below you see more pictures of “The Zaanse Schans privately by bike, footbike or skate”.
Contact form for the Zaanse Schans private excursion from AMS.
Are you a hotel Meetings & Incentives manager or concierge?
(Wir könnten uns auch unterhalten auf Deutsch.)
Take your time to enjoy the bike tour AND de Zaanse Schans.
If you choose for a countryside tour like Zaanse Schans, I advice not to set 2 goals for the day.
Or alternatively choose for a city bike tour in the morning and give your people spare time in the afternoon.
Zaanse Schaans is even a “countryside tour +” as there is the visit itself as well. (There is pretty much to see and do.)
Travel program with tulip bicycle guide in the north of North-Holland, to the largest flower bulb field in the world.
Press this wonderful recommendation from Pennings from Breezand for the private tulip tours of Lex and the City. (By the way, he has used our Amsterdam Holland bike – mill postcard for this purpose. )
More pictures of the Zaanse Schans bike tour | Lexperience Lexposure
Maker and owner of the photos, made during our private tours: Lex and the City bike trips.
Our partners in tourism are invited to use them for their own promotion. :)
“This morning I have been footbiking to Zaanse Schans in the early morning. On my bucketlist was still to bike on my own at Zaanse Schans without seeing or meeting anyone. It turned out the way I had fancied it.”
Lex, 7th of June, 2020.
Where you looking for another biking tour in Amsterdam or its surroundings? Goto:
Free publicity and (reviews) from groups: Lexposure