Do you think our private Amsterdam inline-skate lesson is the only moment to learn and progress?
It is not.
How to get out most out of the private skate lesson in Amsterdam with Skate•A•Round?
Carry on reading plse for 5 ways of progressing without your skate teacher around.
I now give you ways to expand your knowledge and improve as a starting inline skater. If you follow the 5 means of extensed learning beneath, you will progress like….;) Use that brain! Not just during the private class from your personal trainer.
5 means of Lextended learning (Apart from the private skate lessons on the spot.)
- Watch skate (instruction) video clips in advance and also afterwards. (Chk part 2 of this inline skate post for which ones we recommand.)
- Analyse the photos and videos, taken of you during the inline-skate training by the Skate•A•Round instructor. (photo and video analysis) And take notes on what you learned in class. (point by point, with terms only.)
- Sleep on it for 1-3 nights. (Just; sleep.;)) Now your unconscious mind is coming in to help improve even more without even moving. ;)
- Practice the inline skating exercises at home statically. (Whether or not on inline skates.) Do you have a carpet and/or a garden with grass?
- Then go back to skating asphalt (tarmac) and do the same, this time without your skate instructor and/or with skate buddy. Do not wait more than 3 nights of sleep to do so.
5 subjects concerning skate skills for beginners and inline technique:
- Laces of inline skates tight (enough) and use skate protection, not forgetting about your helmet.
- Ready position posture: hands next to you and slightly in front, eyes in front of you, knee band and sheens leaning against the front. Inline skates not very wide and straight up. Videoclip by Asha
- Keeping your standing leg up. (So not getting to inside edge, videoclip about that so-called “V-ing“, by our skate tour partner Asha Kirkby from Skatefresh.)
- Duckwalk (or “pizza”, as Asha calls it.) The start-up skating movement. hands cooperating with your legs. (Instead of being counteractive.) Videoclip by Skatefresh
- Scissors, the starting point for breaking with the heelstopper as well. (However much more)
Plse watch the video-clips at least 3 times and practise static or dynamic in-between. Also break those into separate days.
Bye and enjoy inline skating! :) Lex; Skate•A•Round instructor & AMS skating tour+workshop local guide