This webpage contains a story about inline skate lessons for kids in different parks with good tarmac in Amsterdam. I teach more in English than in dutch at the moment. And more and more children are coming to the skate lessons, mostly with their parents, who partly also participate themselves.
Webpage visitors ask Skate•A•Round questions about inline skating lessons for their child in Amsterdam (and Amstelveen)
Questions like these have popped up in my mail/what’s app-box in the first two months of this year:
- Do you conduct any basic inline skating training for kids of age 7?
- Can you teach my child of 8 and me together in a park in AMS?
- Is there a possibility to teach my son?..he is 9 years’old.
- what/who would you recommend for roller blade lessons for a child? (7 years’ old)
The teaching of young children is a hot topic for me as I get requests from parents for teaching their 5-6-7-8-9 years’ old kid.
I have decided for a minimum age of 8. However my Skate•A•Round partner teaches children starting at the age of 5.
The recent story of a mother in AMS who convinced me to carry on with kids-proof rollerblading lessons
Read this story of a mother who took a Skate•A•Round lesson together with her daughter.
I first felt uncertain what to offer and which minimum age to set, because I got the feeling young children do not hear what I say. So I have called client and mother Suzanne who I have recently taught her 5-year old daughter skating. (Together with her by the way; chk the picture.)
She told me the child is progressing greatly, is very enthusiastic, she sends videos to me, and the child is talking about my teaching quite a lot.
I have kept some parents at hold but after this phone call (recently, March 2021) I should (and will, and did) change my mind.
However I think the age of 8 is the minimum age for me after all. For my Skate•A•Round partner w2ho teaches children quite a lot, it is 5.
Skate•A•Round teaching style to kids in Amsterdam and Amstelveen.
- It might be fun if the parent joins the kid during the lesson.
- We use playful tools like cones and a ball.
- Skate teacher acting a bit like a child himself as well, might help during the rollerblade lesson. ;)
- Preferred playgrounds (locations) for teaching children inline skating in Amsterdam: Noorderpark, Sloterplas, Diemerpark (IJburg), Park Frankendael. Vondelpark as well, next to the kids pool , however just at relaxed times during the Corona crisis.
- Languages Lex speaks: French, German, English and obviously Dutch.
Skate•A•Round Amsterdam: just private lessons
Group lessons are not possible yet because of Corona. (And Skate•A•Round does not do that in general.) If you prefer that, I could help you for the future with a contact for group lessons.
Landing page of Skate•A•Round Amsterdam private courses
Press on the Skate-A-Round logo for shortfacts about inline skating lessons in Amsterdam with a private inline skating teacher from Skate-A-Round. So we could make an appointment in a park in Amsterdam.
Have a nice skateful day,
Lex, skate teacher Amsterdam | Skate-A-Round on Facebook
PS: send me an app if you’re in need for a good rollerskating (quad) contact of Skate-A-Round. She starts teaching rollerskating (quad skating) with 7 years old children by the way.