The theme of Amsterdam Light Festival 2021 – 2022 is “Celebrate Light”.
And Lex and the City specializes in #ALF biking and footbiking! :)
Another Lex and the City USP is the ability to guide in French as well. ((Otherwise, Google that term to find our specialized language page.)
Check with us please if your Amsterdam Light Festival plan is possible within the current Covid measures.
Tour guide Amsterdam grabs his camera for a short of Amsterdam Light Festval
Our recorded route from the open-air exhibition of international light art in Amsterdam
The Amsterdam light festival is best known as a boat trip.
But if you go by bike or footbike (scooter) you can stay at a light monument as long as you want.
These means of transport fits within the conscious and sporty mission of Lex and the City.
Below you see the bike track along the light artworks and installations of contemporary (international) artists, designers and architects, which Lex and the City recorded at the start of #ALF. It shows this year’s track (2021 – 2022) i. (This year until the Toronto bridge; Amstel Hotel, so a bit longer than in 2019; 7 km.)
Local guide during the Amsterdam Light Festival: even speaking French and German
During the Amsterdam Light Festival, local tourist guide Lex and the City offers the following private tours:
- a bike “Lexperience” along the light monuments;
- a tourist footbike (scooter) tour of 7 km along the lights.
- Moreover we facilitate walks and sustainable electric boat tours along the #ALF route. In this we work together with the organization of Amsterdam, Light Festival.
The Amsterdam Light Festival is taking place in Amsterdam Center-East this year. This area is a specialty of Lex and the City; the local tourist guide with unexpected tours in Mokum. (The nickname of Amsterdam)
The advantage of engaging an Amsterdam guide is that he or she will promptly tell you where you are passing and tell a anecdote. (So your local Lex and the City guide not only talks about the light monuments, but also about Artis ZOO, Entrepot Dok, the National maritime museum, Oosterdok (the ancient Harbour), Malle Jaap (who? Malle Jaap!), The Rembrandt House, The Skinny Bridge, the Hermitage and Muiderpoort. (Have I forgotten something? Absolutely. :)
Amsterdam Light Festival private tours: by bike or footbike | We facilitate sustainable electric boat tours and walks as well.
Local guide of sustainability during the Amsterdam Light Festival.
Theme this year (2021-2022): Celebrate the light.
The Amsterdam Light Festival is taking place in Amsterdam Center-East this year. This area is a specialty of Lex and the City; the local tourist guide with unexpected and green tours in “Mokum”. (The nickname of Amsterdam)
Facts about the sporty and sustainable tours during this Amsterdam winter event.
– We start the tour with your group where you want (If that spot is indeed possible.). We recommend however “Entrepot dok” (near Artis ZOO).
– Length of the tour: 2 hours.
– Number of participants of this guided #ALF bike tour: a maximum of 8 per private guide on wheels. In case you hire Lex and the City as, for example, a French-speaking guide on a private boat, this rule does not apply.
– Day and time: That we agree together between guide and customer. (From 5 pm)